Thursday, March 1, 2018

March 1 - 8, 2018 - Hopetown

March 1,  2018  Full Moon

What a gorgeous morning.  After breakfast, I went up the mast to check a few things.  While I was up there I took videos. 
Steve and I then went for a long bike ride in Hopetown.  We sure got some exercise.  Of course, we decided to stop for an ice cream cone around 11am.

We quickly changed into our swim suits when we returned to the boat so we could go to the marina pool.  It was so refreshing.  Afterwards, we had a light lunch at the patio.
Steve exchanged 3 books so he can continue to do some reading on the boat.  I pretty well finished my painting and now need to spray some varnish tomorrow to give it time to dry before submitting it for the art contest.








They announced this morning on the cruisers net a full moon dinghy float would happen around 5pm.  A bunch of people had their dinghies tied together while drinking and passing around hors d'oeuvres.  We didn't go but it was fun to watch.









It was a gorgeous bright full moon.  The lighting was spectacular.



Full moon tonight
The lighting from the sunset was beautiful

Watched 3 episodes of Call the Midwife before going to bed.
Goodnight

March 2, 2018 - Let's Make Water
6:30am-  Thought we would go out the Harbor to make water before this cold front come in the next couple of day.  It takes 2.5 hours and we wanted to come back in before 10am before the tides are down.
Washed the outside of the boat to check and remove any rust marks.  You have to stay on top of it otherwise the salt water could do damage.
I finished my painting with a coat of Varathane.  At least now I have something to submit before the deadline on Tuesday.

So much Sea Glass
On our way to the beach on our dinghy, John  waved us over to his boat so we stopped by for a visit before Terry went for her hair appointment.  It was nice catching up.  After about 1/2 hour visit we went  for a nice long walk on the beach. To our surprise, the ocean kept feeding us beautiful sea glass.  Poor Steve's pants were falling off since I kept loading them with sea glass because I didn't have pockets.
Steve found other things washing up shore
 


The GaYa on my way back from kayaking
 After a couple of hours, came back to the boat where Steve read and I practiced my guitar.
 
It was hamburger night for dinner.  Afterwards, I went kayaking before the sunset.



Love watching the moon rise

 
Relaxed and listened to jazz/blues music while sipping on tea and finishing off Steve's leftover birthday brownie

It was a harvest moon and then it became so bright.









Watched 3 episodes of Call the Midwife on the back of the boat.  So relaxing.
Goodnight

March 3, 2018 - Productive Day

A cold front arrived and therefore Steve decided to waxed the boat topside.  It is hard to wax a boat if the sun is beaming hot.  While he did that, I decided to wash and clean all the walls inside the boat.  She looked beautiful afterwards.
After lunch, we went for a nice long walk on the beach and collected more sea glass.  I have picked up the most sea glass in the past couple of days.
Did some painting while Steve read when we got back.
Stir fry for dinner and watched 3 more episodes of Call the Midwife inside the boat that it was cool out. 
Goodnight

March 4, 2018
Had our Sunday morning pancakes and felt the change in temperature drop and high winds.  They are calling for a cold front this week.  On the Cruiser's net, they announced that the ocean waves will be the highest this week for this year.
It is a good thing we are protected in this harbor.  Steve and I went to the beach to see the waves.  We sure wouldn't want to be in those waves.  Unbelievable.  There was hardly any beach since the waves were so high. There was no picking sea glass today.

 
 
 
 
Not much of a beach today
 

 
 

 
It started raining so we came back to the boat.  Steve read while I actually painted for 3 hours  in order to get my painting finished in time for Tuesday where I need to submit it for the painting contest.
Before dinner, we went back to the beach to look at it while the tides were low.  The waves were still high although we could see the beach again.
Had a wonderful steak dinner and then we watched more episodes of Call the Midwife.
It is a lot cooler but it sure feels cozy in the boat.
March 5, 2018
After breakfast, I worked on my painting and Steve read a book until 10:30.  We then went to look at the ocean waves.  Unbelievable how big and powerful they were.  They were even bigger than yesterday.  We came back to the boat to get my good camera and then went back and rode our bike along the seashore to get a better look from different angles.
Pool getting filled with sea water crashing over
 

I found a buoy washed up to shore.





Some waves actually crashed over the wall and filled the pool at one of the restaurant.
We stopped at a outside restaurant called Sea Spray Restaurant for a bite to eat before pedaling back to the dinghy.
Once we got back to the boat, I had to finish my painting since it is due for tomorrow morning.  You are allowed to submit two.  I did one with all ocean fish swimming and one with a mermaid holding her baby.  Thought that one was suitable since my daughter announced last night that she was having a baby boy in September.

Since we were stuffed from eating at the restaurant, I decided to go kayaking since we will have a late dinner.
After dinner, we finished watching Season 5 of Call the Midwife.
 
March 6, 2018 - Art Gallery drop off
We took advantage of the calm in the harbor and went to make water.  Outside of the harbor, it was still high waves.  While Steve was making water, I went in the dinghy to bring the garbage, which had to be brought between 8:30 - 9:30am.  It was very interesting because when I got there, there was a dinghy lineup.  There was a guy on the dock with a truck who takes your garbage as you pass him with your dinghy.  They pick up garbage here in Hopetown Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays only.




Afterwards, I dropped off my artwork at the Art Gallery.  You had to bring it in between 9 -12pm.  The opening is at 5 to 7 pm today for viewing. 


 
Once I delivered the art, I dinghy back to the boat to meet up with Steve.  He already took a shower so I did the same.  After being outside the harbor for 3 hrs., we went back to our mooring.  To our surprise, there was someone on our mooring.   Our name was clearly on the buoy attached to the mooring had them leave.  It is a busy place and you want to make sure to have a mooring paid and reserved otherwise you will have a hard time getting one this time of year.
After lunch, we went for a nice long walk on the beach and picked up a lot of sea glass. 


I thought this was beautiful lighting
Steve stretching on the beach

5:30pm-  We went to the art show.  I was so excited and emotional when I heard that both my paintings sold for $25 each.  I meant the buyer of my mermaid painting. She wanted to give me a big hug and thanked me for the painting.  I was in shock that they sold and I had to part with them. 

 

In the beginning, I noticed they displayed my mermaid sideways.  I soon fixed it.  The fish sold before I even got there. 
 


Aline Pa purchased my Mermaid & Child painting.  J Woodward purchased my Swimming Fish.
There was such a variety of art. 
Outside the Art Gallery, there was wine and cheese


Went to Wine Down Sip Sip for a pizza.  Talked to wonderful people.  What a great evening!
 
March 7, 2018
After breakfast, we went for a nice long walk on the beach.  We were entertained by surfers trying to get overtop or underneath the huge waves.  They didn't have much success.  They were just too powerful for them.
Back at the boat, Steve read and I worked on organizing my photos. I take way too many photos but I always want to capture and share them.  It is one of my passion.  I also practice my guitar.  Won't be a rock star anytime soon.
After lunch, we went to the marina and played bean bag.  I let Steve win of course just don't tell him that.
 
It started raining as we got back to the boat.  I did some painting.
Once it got dark, we watched a movie inside the boat.
Nice relaxing evening.
 
March 8, 2017






After breakfast Steve and I went to the beach.  He was smart because he wore his bathing suit where I wore long shorts.  The waves were tamed down somewhat so we could collect sea glass.
My Sea glass collection is growing
Unfortunately, not enough because Steve got pulled under.  I captured it on video.  It is quite funny however he did get his chins cut from the waves carrying rocks.  
 

When we got back to the boat soak and wet, we took a shower then I cleaned up Steve's wound.  Good thing I have a good first aid kit.  
After lunch, we decided to go for a cappuccino in town.  We ran into Debra Book, a very nice woman who lives on a big motor boat called Mandalay in Hopetown.  There home port is Annapolis.  After talking for 1/2 hr or so, Steve and I walked to the coffee shop and realized it closes at 12:30pm.  Guess we will have to treat ourselves another time.  
Went back to the boat where I painted and Steve read.  It was a lot cooler but comfortable sitting outside the boat. 
Making our own pizzas tonight on the boat.  
Started watching a series "Seven Second"
 
 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work Lise.. Only problem is that Steve may put you to work to pay for his next boat!! Take Care..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don
      Never thought of that. Maybe that is why he
      is already looking....ha-ha

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on selling your paintings! I just saw this post today. I love the mermaid painting! You are so talented. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

The End

April 8, 2018 The boat was finally hauled out yesterday around 3:15pm at high tides. As we were coming out the winds were 20 mph and it st...