Tuesday, February 6, 2018

February 6, 2018_Little Farmers Cay_Back again

February 6, 2017- Leaving Georgetown to Little Farmers Cay

Big day today.  It is my grandson's 1st birthday.  Happy Birthday Cooper. Steve and I managed to celebrate his birthday back in October knowing we would be in the Bahamas.  I couldn't go without making one of my grand child a 1st birthday cake.


7:45- Left Georgetown and heading to Little Farmers Cay. Georgetown was fun and we want to spend more time at some of the more secluded islands since we did not have time before.

This boat is waiting for high tides to enter Georgetown as we were leaving.
As we were leaving the channel, I noticed a rainbow ahead of us as we were putting up the sails. Must e a good thing. I tried to capture it.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

10:25am- It is such a beautiful sail with no motor. Averaging speed is 5.6 at  7.2 max.  14 knots of apparent wind at 100 degrees ( broad reaching which is very comfortable).  We covered 18 miles so far.  
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
2:30-  We arrived at Little Farmers Cay and anchored in front of Oven Rock.  While Steve swam, I went to explore an island by dinghy.  I found a few conch shells and fan coral.
 
 
 
 
 
5:30pm-  Enjoyed a wonderful dinner while watching the sun slowly setting.
 
 

 
 Played guitar and serenaded Steve.  Later we watched a movie and then bed.  Another great day.
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

The End

April 8, 2018 The boat was finally hauled out yesterday around 3:15pm at high tides. As we were coming out the winds were 20 mph and it st...